Note: if your customer has received an invitation from Streem in an SMS message but nothing happens when they tap on the link, see Invite link isn't clickable.
When you send a Streem invitation via SMS text message, it usually reaches your customer within a few seconds, but network disruptions occasionally cause delays up to one minute. While you're waiting, you can rule out a few factors that might prevent the message from going through:
- Make sure you have the correct mobile number for your customer.
- Make sure your customer's device isn't in Do Not Disturb mode.
- Make sure your customer is using a device that can receive SMS messages (iPads can't receive SMS messages from Streem)
- Ask your customer to check their cell signal. In some cases, a device might be able to connect to the internet but not able to receive text messages.
- Workaround: ask your customer if their Streem call device has access to email or another communication method that you would like to use. If they can, create a new invitation using the copy/paste Link & Code option and send your customer the link via email or another method.
- Make sure Streem isn't experiencing a rare outage.
If you've tried everything above and the problem still persists, our Support team would love to lend a hand. Please gather some information so we can look into the problem on our end:
- Your customer's phone number or the invitation link you sent them
- The reference ID you entered on the invitation, if any
- The approximate time you sent the invitation
Include the above information and a summary of the problem and we'll get right back to you.
Please sign in to leave a comment.