This article will focus on possible solutions when the audio on a Streem Call isn't working as expected.
Customer Can't Hear Expert
If you can hear your customer but your customer can't hear you (or they can but it's quiet or spotty), you can try to troubleshoot the issue by working through these steps below.
- Network Connection
- A strong network is required for clear audio, and network quality and latency can quickly affect the sound quality. Please ensure both you and your customer have the best connection possible. This may mean closing other apps, moving closer to the WiFi router, and having the customer move as little as possible.
- Permissions and Microphone Selection
- You must give Streem permission to access your microphone in order to capture the sound and share it with your customer. This can be checked in your browser privacy settings and you can see more here.
- If you use a headset with your computer on calls, you may also want to test without the headset to see if that has any effect.
- Headphones for the Customer
- Headphones are a common solution to audio issues in general. Having your customer put headphones in can immediately solve some issues that may be caused by the speaker output. This is especially helpful for echo and quiet audio problems.
- Refresh Browser Page
- A simple refresh of a web page can fix audio issues. Your customer may try clicking the refresh button or pulling down on the screen to refresh the browser and the Streem connection.
- Mobile Browser and Operating System
- Ensure your customer is using an updated operating system and a preferred browser. Android phones should use Google Chrome and iPhones should use safari. Browsers such as Samsung can cause difficulty and are unsupported.
- Third-party Calling Software
- If your workflow includes having your customer on the phone through a tool such as Avaya, you may also try muting the Streem call on both sides so they can hear your phone call. Alternatively, you may try ending the phone call (if able) so the audio is only used by Streem.
Expert Can't Hear Customer
If you can't hear your customer but they can hear you, please try the following things:
- Microphone Permissions
- The number one reason an expert can't hear their customer is a lack of permission. Ensure your customer has approved Streem's request for permission to access their microphone via their web browser. These can be investigated in browser privacy settings as well as the phone's general settings by the customer.
- Audio Already in Use/On a Phone Call
- Streem tries to capture the microphone if it's already in use by another app, but the quality is best if only one app has the access at a time. This may mean asking your customer to close other apps. Additionally, end any phone calls you're on prior to your customer starting the Streem call for ease.
- If you're using a headset, make sure it is connected to the computer audio and not to another device such as your personal phone.
- Streem AR Video iOS/Android app
- If your customer is on an iPhone or Android phone, they can download Streem's app and see if that works better than their mobile browser. The apps function a little differently and sometimes can solve the issue. No login is required.
Please sign in to leave a comment.